ACCESSIBLE PLACES IS PROUD TO BE AN ASSOCIATE OF EVAC+CHAIR
MENTION COUPON CODE “ACESSPLACE” WHEN ORDERING FROM EVAC+CHAIR® TO RECEIVE 20% OFF ANY ORDERS!
As a business owner, you are responsible for ensuring your employees’ and customers’ safety in emergencies. One important aspect of emergency preparedness is having the right equipment. This includes equipment to evacuate individuals needing extra help in leaving the building. EVAC+CHAIR® Evacuation chairs can help save lives during an emergency evacuation.
What are EVAC+CHAIR® Evacuation chairs?
EVAC+CHAIR® Evacuation chairs assist individuals with mobility impairments to leave buildings quickly and safely. These chairs are lightweight and easy to maneuver. They have built-in safety features, such as brakes and straps, to keep passengers secure.
Why are Evacuation Chairs important?
In an emergency situation, every second counts. If there is a fire or other emergency, some individuals can’t use stairs to evacuate the building. No one should ever use a Lift or Elevator in the event of an emergency if possible. Evacuation chairs make evacuation faster and more efficient for everyone. Any delay from a single evacuator’s difficulties can delay everyone by crucial minutes. Using Evacuation chairs allows everyone to leave the building faster.
How can business owners prepare their buildings with EVAC+CHAIR®?
Business owners can take several steps to prepare their buildings with EVAC+CHAIR®:
- Conduct a risk assessment. Assess the risks in your building to determine if Evacuation chairs are suitable.
- How many floors are there in your building?
- How many potential individuals with mobility impairments could be present?
- How accessible is the layout of your building in an emergency?
- Find out more about risk assessments for a corporate evacuation here
- Choose the right Chairs. There are many different types of evacuation chairs available on the market. Choose a chair that is suitable for your building’s needs and ensure that it is easy to maneuver and use. For more information, check out EVAC+CHAIR® product catalogue here.
- Train all employees on how to use EVAC+CHAIR® products. This includes both chair operators and assistants alike. Take time regularly to drill get into the chairs and leave the building.
- Make evacuation chairs easy to access. Ensure EVAC+CHAIR® products are in available areas of the building, such as near the stairs or exits.
- Test EVAC+CHAIR® products regularly and thoroughly.
Preparing your building with evacuation chairs helps ensure the safety of your employees and customers in the event of an emergency. Conducting a risk assessment, choosing the right evacuation chair, training employees, making the chairs readily available, and testing regularly. Doing so helps save lives and makes the evacuation process faster and more efficient for everyone.