The 185 Rehab Shower Commode has a 20″ seat width, is constructed of lightweight aluminum and is designed to be used in the shower, at the bedside or as a caregiver transportation device around the home or institution. While it comes standard with 5″ casters on the rear, 24″ wheels can be ordered to enable self-propulsion.
The 185 series of rehab commodes offer the features and qualities important to both the home and institutional user.
- The frame is of aluminum construction making them very light and easy for caregivers to manoeuvre yet strong enough to support users up to 250 pounds.
- All models are equipped with 5” locking swivel casters but can be ordered with optional 24” rear wheels to enable self-propulsion and a degree of independence for users.
- The materials used to construct these commodes and the finishes used are compatible with institutional cleansers and disinfectants to provide the highest level of infection control possible.
- The seat height is adjustable by 2” to 3”, depending on the wheel configuration and model, to adapt to toilet or bed heights and ease transfers.
- The seat, back and arm foam is textured to reduce the amount of slipping the user may experience when wet but soft enough the provide comfort and reduce pressure points while in use.
- The removable seat insert provides comfort for users who use the commode for showering but not for bowel or bladder elimination.
- The commode is equipped with a large round bucket that can be removed from the rear.
- The footrests are adjustable in height and can be can swing away or removed when needed.
- These commodes come equipped with anti-tippers for the safety of the user and peace of mind for the caregiver. They are adjustable in height so they can be adapted to various types of floors and terrains and can be removed or flipped up out of the way when not needed.
- The white frame and light blue seat, back and arms give these commodes an attractive look not found in other models. This less institutional appearance is appreciated by both home and institutional users.
The lightweight and compact size makes these commodes ideal for home use as well as institutional and can be used as a bedside commode, used over the toilet or in shower stalls designed to be used with shower commodes.