Single-fold wheelchair Ramps provide indoor and outdoor accessibility for wheelchairs and scooters in a variety of environments. Built with the quality you expect, EZee Life Solid Ramps are lightweight but strong and available in a variety of lengths.
These Wheelchair Ramps provide a durable, safe means of navigating uneven household surfaces including small steps and doorways. Modular design makes these ramps a practical and affordable home accessibility solution.
Bifold Ramp Features
- Built-in traction control
- Aluminum construction.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Easy to install
- Carry Bag Included
Wheelchair Ramp Slope
- Permanently installed wheelchair ramps must be at least 1′ long for every 1″ of rise to meet most building codes.
- Portable wheelchair ramps do not have to abide by building codes but wheelchair ramp manufacturers usually recommend that you should have at least
1′ of ramp for every 2″ of rise.
- Another consideration when buying wheelchair ramps is the type of equipment that will be used on the ramps. Wheelchairs and scooters have limits on how steep of an incline can be traversed recommended by the manufacturers and these limits should be kept in mind.
- The above three points refer to slopes when there is a user in the equipment when it is traversing a ramp. When using a portable wheelchair ramp to load a wheelchair or scooter, without a passenger, into a vehicle can be as steep as can be safely managed by the person doing the loading.
Portable Wheelchair Ramp Set-up
In order to use a portable wheelchair ramp safely it is important that it be set up properly for use.
The biggest issue with portable wheelchair ramp safety is slipping during use. If the lower level of the ramp is placed on a slippery surface such as ice or snow there is a danger of the ramp slipping during use. when the bottom of the ramp slips the top of the ramp will often slip off the upper surface causing the ramp, user and mobile device to fall to the ground. This situation is especially common when using a ramp to enter or exit a vehicle where the roadway or parking lot may not be cleared of ice and snow well enough or not very level.
The solution to portable wheelchair ramp slippage is to secure the ramp to the upper level. When the ramp is usually used in the same location such as a vehicle or home location the simplest solution is to have two pins that can be inserted through the ramp and into holes in the step, deck, porch or vehicle.
- Use the ramp ONLY with a qualified helper, and NEVER exceed the recommended weight limit during use.
- Always back the chair down the ramp and use a lap belt for safety.
- See the owner’s manual of the chair or scooter being used to determine an acceptable incline.
Using the Ramp
- Place the top lip of the ramp on a SECURE and STABLE surface. Be sure that the complete top adapter lip of the ramp is securely placed on the landing surface.
- Two pins are supplied to help anchor the ramp into position. When you are satisfied that the ramp is positioned properly, drill a ¼” hole 1½” deep into the landing or vehicle floor using the pre-punched holes in the top adapter lip as a guide.
Maintenance & Safety
- Regularly check your ramp for worn, loose, or damaged parts. If you find any of these conditions DO NOT USE THE RAMP. Failure to do so may cause severe injury!
- The surface of the ramp may become slippery in icy or wet conditions. Caution should be used when using the ramp.
- Keep the ramp surface free of dirt and debris.
- Always check the chair or scooter for the manufacturer’s recommended degree of incline. Do not use ramps that are steeper than recommended.
- Do not add to or modify any part of the ramp. Doing so may void your warranty.
- Do not use the ramp for purposes other than those it was designed for.
- Clean ramps with water and mild detergent.
- Use caution when folding and unfolding your ramp. Beware of pinch points.
- Be sure that the ramp is always on a solid landing and firmly placed. Always anchor your ramp in place with the pins provided.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.